1. Banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories an hour.
2. Everyone has a unique tongue print, just like fingerprints.
3. In the UK, it is illegal to eat mince pies on Christmas Day!
4. In 2007, an American man named Corey Taylor tried to fake his own death in order to get out of his cell phone contract without paying a fee. It didn’t work.
5. Pteronophobia is the fear of being tickled by feathers!
6. The oldest condoms ever found date back to the 1640s (they were found in a cesspit at Dudley Castle), and were made from animal and fish intestines.
7. When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.
8. In 1923, jockey Frank Hayes won a race at Belmont Park in New York despite being dead — he suffered a heart attack mid-race, but his body stayed in the saddle until his horse crossed the line for a 20–1 outsider victory.
9. A flock of crows is known as a murder.
10. Everyone has a unique tongue print, just like fingerprints.
11. “Facebook Addiction Disorder” is a mental disorder identified by Psychologists.
12. The Romans used to clean and whiten their teeth with urine. Apparently it works. Please don’t try it!
13. The average woman uses her height in lipstick every 5 years.
14. The largest snowflake ever recorded reportedly measured 15 inches across.
15. 29th May is officially “Put a Pillow on Your Fridge Day“.
16. There is a single mega-colony of ants that spans three continents, covering much of Europe, the west coast of the U.S., and the west coast of Japan.
17. Cherophobia is the fear of fun.
18. There’s an opera house on the U.S.–Canada border where the stage is in one country and half the audience is in another.
19. Human saliva has a boiling point three times that of regular water.
20. The top of the Eiffel Tower leans away from the sun, as the metal facing the sun heats up and expands. It can move as much as 7 inches.
21. If you lift a kangaroo’s tail off the ground it can’t hop.
22. In 2008 scientists discovered a new species of bacteria that lives in hairspray.
23. Hyphephilia are people who get aroused by touching fabrics.
24. There is a glacier called “Blood Falls” in Antarctica that regularly pours out red liquid, making it look like the ice is bleeding. (It’s actually oxidised salty water.)
25. Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.
26. Melting glaciers and icebergs make a distinctive fizzing noise known as “bergy seltzer”.
27. The person who invented the Frisbee was cremated and made into Frisbee after he died!
28. The first American film to show a toilet being flushed on screen was Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho.
29. During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.
30. The Dutch village of Giethoorn has no roads; its buildings are connected entirely by canals and footbridges.
31. If Pinokio says “My Nose Will Grow Now”, it would cause a paradox.
32.In 1993, San Francisco held a referendum over whether a police officer called Bob Geary was allowed to patrol while carrying a ventriloquist’s dummy called Brendan O’Smarty. He was.
33. Polar bears can eat as many as 86 penguins in a single sitting. (If they lived in the same place)
34. Some fruit flies are genetically resistant to getting drunk — but only if they have an inactive version of a gene scientists have named “happyhour”.
35. King Henry VIII slept with a gigantic axe beside him.
36. The first man to urinate on the moon was Buzz Aldrin, shortly after stepping onto the lunar surface.
37. Bikinis and tampons invented by men.
38. Light doesn’t necessarily travel at the speed of light. The slowest we’ve ever recorded light moving at is 38 mph.
39. An eagle can kill a young deer and fly away with it.