1. To start things off with a bang, Europe is technically not a continent. It’s separation from Asia was actually a Greek idea.
2. Italians don’t drink cappuccino after 11 AM
3. There are more Doner Kebab restaurants in Berlin than in Istanbul
4. The Sagrada Familia church in Barcelona is taking longer to build than the pyramids (it was started in 1882 and no, it is not done yet)
5. The most visited place in Europe is Disneyland, Paris
6. Only 1% of the items kept at the British Museum are actually on display
7. The highest toilet in Europe is on Mont Blanc at over 4,200 meters!
8. The small country of Belgium has the world’s densest rail network (113.8 km/1,000 Km2)
9. Perucica in Bosnia is one of the last rainforests in Europe. That’s right, Europe has rainforests!
10. Bulgaria is the oldest country in Europe and it hasn’t changed its name since 681 AD
11. 40% of the Greek population live in its capital, Athens.
12. Iceland has no mosquitoes at all. Not even one.
13. The Dark Ages in Europe lasted for twice as long as the United States has been a nation
14. Russia has over 13,000 uninhabited villages.
15. And it takes up 40% of Europe’s land area
16. The Leaning Tower of Pisa took more than 200 years to build…and it still leans.
17. Croissants were actually invented in Austria. Sorry francophiles.
18. Greenland is the biggest island in the world
19. The escalators in London’s underground travel two times the circumference of the Earth every week
20. The airport in Brussels sells more chocolate than any other single location on Earth
21. Per capita, Sweden has the most McDonald’s in Europe
22. Thanks to the Lochness Monster, Scotland receives the equivalent of 7 million Euros every year due to tourism
23. By ferry, it will take you only half an hour to reach Africa from Spain
24. The longest town name in Europe is Lanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch in Wales
25. Liechtenstein is a very small country. During its last military engagement in 1866 they sent out 80 soldiers and came back with 81. Apparently they made a friend in Italy.